Here is a centralized, tabulated source of resources for patients who cannot burp, who have R-CPD (retrograde cricopharyngeus dysfunction, also known as “no-burp). After treating 550 patients (as of June, 2021), we have learned that people find useful information on a somewhat random basis. In case it helps, here is our suggested sequence, if you are just discovering what might be causing your daily misery caused by inability to burp, gurgling, bloating, flatulence, hiccups, etc.
- Watch Dr. Bastian’s YouTube video, Can’t Burp? This May Explain Why.
This is a comprehensive introduction to the major and lesser symptoms of R-CPD (Inability to burp). It is also one of the best places to begin for family and friends who are struggling to understand your condition.
- Read the initial peer-reviewed article on this condition, written by Dr. Bastian and colleague.
The x-ray image on page four shows in a glance, why persons with this condition experience such daily misery:
- Read Dr. Bastian’s additional articles:
- Partial Cricopharyngeal Myotomy for Treatment of Retrograde Cricopharyngeal Dysfunction
- The Long-term Efficacy of Botulinum Toxin Injection to Treat Retrograde Cricopharyngeus Dysfunction
- Efficacy and Safety of Electromyography-Guided Injection of Botulinum Toxin to Treat Retrograde Cricopharyngeus Dysfunction
- Check out our entry on R-CPD
- See us in the news:
- Feel encouraged by online communities:
- Watch no-burpers post-op videos on TikTok:
- Read the stories of other no-burpers: